Mitomycin medac – Instructions for use
Kit assembly demonstration
Please click on the video for a demonstration of how to use the Mitomycin medac instillation kit.
Kit assembly instructions
1. Tear open the protective cover, but do not remove completely. This will protect the tip of the instillation system from contamination. Remove the caps from the vial and the instillation system.
2. Hold the vial on a hard surface and press the adapter of the instillation system firmly onto the mitomycin vial. Turn the vial 2-3 times in both directions to establish a connection.
3. Holding the tube vertically, break the upper valve by bending it backwards and forwards.
4. Gently squeeze some liquid into the vial, but do not fill the vial completely.
5. Invert the entire system. Gently squeeze some air from the bag into the vial to draw the reconstituted mitomycin back into the instillation system. Do not remove the vial.
6. Hold the instillation system vertically. Remove the protective cover completely and connect the system to the catheter. Break the sealing mechanism in the tube section by bending backwards and forwards and instill the solution.
Rapidly dissolving formulation
Mitomycin medac has a rapidly dissolving formulation.1
Please click on the video for a demonstration of this.
medac has also introduced the NMIBC toolbox; an online, interactive app for interpreting the EAU guidelines on NMIBC. This is available to view or download on Android via the link below.
1. medac GmbH (2016). Video showing dissolving speeds of two mitomycin vials.