Bladder Cancer Care
As part of their continued Bladder Cancer (BC) Care programme, medac Pharma has developed the first closed instillation system supplied as standard with Mitomycin, for the treatment of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC).
Bladder Cancer Care by medac Pharma
Each kit contains:
- A closed instillation system
- Mitomycin medac 40mg vial
- Male and female catheter
- Disposal bag
Mitomycin medac has several key features:
- Rapidly dissolving formulation1
- Formulation with urea to reduce irritation. Unlike sodium and chloride ions, urea can freely pass through cell membranes resulting in very little effect on tonicity of the reconstituted solution2
- Easy to use closed instillation system speeds up the process of Mitomycin instillation therapy and prevents cytotoxic contamination3
Mitomycin is indicated for intravesical administration to prevent relapse in adult patients with superficial urinary bladder carcinoma following transurethral resection. Available in a 40mg vial complete with instillation set, Mitomycin can be administered as both induction and maintenance therapy.
View the Mitomycin SPC documents
Notice: Upon clicking the link below you will leave bc-care.co.uk. Links to all outside websites are provided as a resource to our visitors. medac Pharma accepts no responsibility for the content of other websites.
Medicines Information Request
Please complete the medicine information form about this product by following the link below.
- medac GmbH (2016). Video showing dissolving speeds of two mitomycin vials.
- Data on file.
- Lyvén B. Investigation of sealing properties of a system intended for safe mixing of drugs. SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden. January 2009.